Monday, February 20, 2012

Living?

I was told once that "You need to live your life and stop messing around", this made me stop and think. What is living? In my opinion it is different for everyone. This person dropped out of school, to travel to Montreal and work for a year, after 4 months she couldn't find a job and now works in a small town gym. Since i was told this i have almost completed my schooling hiked Yak peak on the coquihalla summit, met some really amazing people, skied on August 1st in squamish, and a few other trips. I can't help but think... who is actually living, but that is up for interpretation for the person who's life it is. I know this all sounds pretty weird but i was just thinking about it today.

Anyways, i have a Ski touring trip planned for Zoa peak along the Coquihalla highway on Wednesday, I am really excited to go. Never been touring in the Coquihalla area but i have heard that it has some amazing skiing. Here is a picture of me on the top of Yak peak in September of last year, this peak is close to where i am going to be skiing.



This trip was a pretty amazing trip and would highly recommend it to any one who wants a good hike. I went with one of my friends from school we left on a Saturday. Since neither of us had actually done the hike before it was a bit of an adventure. On the way up i must have stepped on a hornets nest which caused them to attack my friend... she was stung 25 time all throughout her body. Once we were out of the trees the hike got pretty steep and was a bit of scramble in some areas but was alot of fun. After a while the trail opened up and it was the beautiful alpine meadow right to the top. On the way down it started to rain so it was a bit of a push to get down to the bottom. once we were down we were happy.

To me living is what ever makes you happy, and what i am doing with my life now makes me happy and that's all that should matter.

Hope you all have a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment