Saturday, February 18, 2012

Amazing day of skiing at Sunpeaks

Hello again,


Just got back from an amazing day of skiing, sun peaks got about 20 cm of fresh snow. Its wasn't that much snow but it was enough to make the day great. I decided to go touring to the very top of the mountain, it was very foggy and windy. Here is a picture of me at the top it was really nice, no studying, no homework, no one to bother me and the best park was the untracked powder awaited me.



I talked to some pretty cool people on the chair lift that i probably wouldn't have talked to if i was with my friends (don't get me wrong the more people to ski with the better). One guy was a forester from kamloops, we talked about my degree and whether i should take the GIS class diploma or not. He also mentioned that the forestry market is going up which is awesome as well so when i graduate i can get a job in the field!

One of my buddies who i have climbed with posted a video of a first ascent he did in squamish. I went out with him once to scrub some of the boulders around here, there is so much potential there. This one is called "for the birds" which is a highball problem in the area. Pretty sweet need to watch.



Time for me to start to clean the house now

see yea

No comments:

Post a Comment